Photobucket Hell Ya!: the saddest thing ever . . . RIP John Pike (drummer RA RA RIOT)

Sunday, June 03, 2007

the saddest thing ever . . . RIP John Pike (drummer RA RA RIOT)


I got an email yesterday from Josh, the manager of one of my favorite NYC bands RA RA RIOT. He was asking everyone if they had seen JOHN PIKE, the drummer of Ra Ra Riot. I was sad to hear he was missing, but thought for sure he would turn up. They played a show on friday night in Providence, Rhode Island, then went to a party in Fairhaven, MA where he went missing.

I just checked my blackberry and saw a follow up email about John:
"I'm so sorry to say this but the police have just found John Pike's body. Thank you so much for all your help and support.

We all loved him very much."

What!?!? How could this happen? I'm so sad, I can't belive it. I'm so glad that I got to meet him, see his band, love his band. Ra Ra Riot played my HELL YA! show @ SXSW this year, they were so amazing, I got to introduce John to TOM from Myspace, who became a fan after seeing them play.

My thoughts are with John's family, friends and of course Ra Ra Riot.

NME Article HERE


NEWS Article HERE

Here's a demo from the band - one of my favorites.

RA RA RIOT "CAN YOU TELL" (demo) via YOUSENDIT

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home