Photobucket Hell Ya!: Hello from Seattle!

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Hello from Seattle!

Hi All,

I am sitting in Seattle alone waiting for my family to get off of work and thought I would sit down and write something. I have been working on the flier for the next Hell Ya and will be posting that soon after landing in the great City of Angels... Get excited (about the show, not the flier- that isn't anything spectacular.)

I have had a great couple of days in the lovely, rainy Northwest... Unfortunately, I didn't make it to any shows, but I did get to go to the Experience Music Project for the first time.



This ugly monstrosity of a building houses some of the coolest music memorabilia of the Northwest Music Scene, like Nirvana's first record contract and the original lyrics for LUMP by the President's of The United States of America. The building was built back when I was in High School and all I can remember was my grandmother complaining about the eye-sore ruining her view of the Space Needle. The opening concert for EMP was pretty killer though, I was there and I believe I was 17 at the time. I saw Eminem, Red Hot Chili Peppers (complete in only tube socks) and Metallica. I had never really considered going to the EMP since I always thought it was a bit over priced ($15) and never thought that I would enjoy it that much, but I must say it was worth my time.



For someone like me, seeing Kurt Cobain's blue Fender, was a pretty cool experience. The museum also features a sculpture made of over 70 guitars, 30 of which play themselves and a sound lab where you can try your best at remixing Annie Lennox or Jamming with a band. There is an area where you and a group can get up on stage in front of a camera and rock out, buy the DVD and save it forever. I loved the room where you could pull up interviews with Clive Davis and Grandmaster Flash and listen in on the progression of the music industry as seen by the artists themselves.

Overall, I would recommend the visit, that is if you have already paid for parking at the Space Needle and want to waste about an hour or two. It was pretty entertaining, especially if you have close ties to the Northwest music scene.

I tried to find Heather a guitar pin at the giftshop but was unsuccessful.... Sorry lady ;)

See you guys soon...

xo
Emily

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger heatherpeggs said...

awww i was just going to ask if you got me a pin!

hahaha
xoxoxo
hp

4/16/2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home