Photobucket Hell Ya!: my favorite album of the year (so far) goes to . . .

Saturday, June 09, 2007

my favorite album of the year (so far) goes to . . .


SILVERCHAIR 'Young Modern'
(US release date is JULY 24th)
CLICK HERE for my last post on Silverchair. (includes video for "Straight Lines")
I remember seeing the band in concert back in '95 or '96 in Pittsburgh, PA. I'm sure I still have the ticket stub & FROGSTOMP T-shirt I bought from the show. (I'm a dork. I'm an avid collector. I keep all my concert ticket stubs, concert posters (especially Bill Graham Presents / Filmore posters), everything Andy Warhol, plus a few other things . . .)

SILVERCHAIR "REFLECTIONS OF THE SOUND"
Here's the 2nd video from the new album 'YOUNG MODERN'. I like how they incorporated the album artwork into this video. (interesting choice of single . . . I'm surprised they didn't go with 'Young Modern Station' or 'Low')

Silverchair North American Tour Dates:
Friday, 13th July - San Diego, CA - House of Blues Tickets on sale June 8th
Saturday 14th July - Los Angeles, CA - The Wiltern Tickets on sale TODAY!
Sunday, 15th July - Anaheim, CA - House of Blues Tickets on sale
Tuesday, 17th July - San Francisco, CA - The Independent Tickets on sale June 10th
Thursday, 19th July - Portland, OR - Aladdin Theatre Tickets on sale
Friday, 20th July - Seattle, WA – Showbox Tickets on sale
Saturday, 21st July - Vancouver, BC - Commodore Ballroom Tickets on sale June 15th
Monday, 23rd July - Atlanta, GA - Roxy Theatre Tickets on sale June 16th
Tuesday 24th July - Washington, DC - 9:30 Club Tickets on sale June 14th
Friday, 27th July - New York, NY - Roseland Ballroom Tickets on sale June 15th
Saturday, 28th July - Philadelphia, PA - Fillmore at the TLA Tickets on sale June 15th
Monday, 30th July - Montreal, QC - Le Spectrum Tickets on sale
Wednesday, 1st August - Toronto, ON - Phoenix Tickets on sale June 14th
Saturday, 4th August - Chicago, IL – Lollapalooza Tickets on sale NOW
Sunday, 5th August - Minneapolis, MN - First Avenue Tickets on sale June 16th

See you @ The Wiltern on the 14th! Who's with me?

Silverchair - circa 1996
TO NOW:

Silverchair - present '07
What a difference 12 years makes! *note presence of GUYLINER on both past and present Silverchair. YAYYYYYYY! Is Daniel still walking in a straight line and married to Natalie Imbruglia? Damn that's a good looking couple.

SILVERCHAIR MYSPACE
SILVERCHAIR MYSPACE BLOG

(*p.s. if anybody wants to play a game with me called 'is he a MO or no?' head for the comment section. yay!)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger heatherpeggs said...

Ok. lets discuss. is he gay? bi? is that what 'straight lines' is all about?

thoughts?

i love androgynous lead singers . . . does that make me a gay guy trapped in a girls body? hahaha

;)

6/09/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that first pic is from 2002! you think theres a big difference there, check one that's actually from 1996 ;)

6/10/2007  
Blogger heatherpeggs said...

oh man that is funny. i need to find a pic from 1996 . . .

thanks anonymous :)

6/11/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home