Photobucket Hell Ya!: oh yeah, he is the satisfier!

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

oh yeah, he is the satisfier!

I cannot believe how long it took me to tell you guys all about this phenomenal experience Heather and I had a few weeks ago, I apologize for the time delay on this post, just be sure to read below – this is a band you don’t want to miss the boat on…

On April 18th Eli “Paperboy” Reed and The True Loves put on a stellar performance at the Continental Room in Fullerton. Although I have been to this part of the O.C several times this little spot totally slipped below my radar and I am sad it took me so long to discover it. Boy do I feel out of the loop! Check out some photos below of this place and you’ll see what I mean…








The setting was so unique, and the crowd was beautiful. Eli and the True Loves got the entire place moving their feet; even Miss Heather Peggs who swears she doesn’t ever dance could not stand still. I felt like we were transported straight to the early 1960’s, I don’t know how the night could have been more perfect.
I was absolutely blown away. It’s really quite difficult to explain in words how much fun I had or to express how great the music was. You should have seen the smile that literally did not move from my face the entire night.
Eli Reed passionately belts out perfect note after note of music that is reminiscent of Otis Redding and other pioneers of soulful rock. His accompanying band was flawless and just as full of passion as Eli himself. This soulful sound has definitely been making its way back up on the charts with influential artists like Amy Wineshouse paving the way. It is without question that Eli “Paperboy” Reed and the True Loves are just at the forefront of their stardom.

Here are a few photos from the show that night and a couple of youtube videos of past performances. These are some of my favorite songs. You can check them out at www.myspace.com/elipaperboyreed

OH! And be sure to NOT MISS their show at Spaceland on May 19th!!





Take My Love With You:


It’s Easier:


Satisfier:

2 Comments:

Blogger heatherpeggs said...

damn kelsea this is a great post! looks like everyone on my team passed english class with flying colors! (except me of course!)

i was dancing like nobody was watching . . . it was amazing.

sexy sax players, full on big band is back!
this band makes me want to break out my clarinet!
proud to play a woodwind instrument!! hahaha
too bad i sold it after high school.

o well, i could never make it look or sound as good as they did! ;)

4/30/2008  
Blogger heatherpeggs said...

damn kelsea this is a great post! looks like everyone on my team passed english class with flying colors! (except me of course!)

i was dancing like nobody was watching . . . it was amazing.

sexy sax players, full on big band is back!
this band makes me want to break out my clarinet!
proud to play a woodwind instrument!! hahaha
too bad i sold it after high school.

o well, i could never make it look or sound as good as they did! ;)

4/30/2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home